Now Hiring: Media Relations and PR Contractor
Spoke & Wheel Strategy is hiring for its first position: a media relations and PR contractor. This is a remote position and you can be located anywhere. You’ll play an integral role in our client’s success and learn about the PR industry. This is an entry-level contractor position that will be paid at an hourly rate on a per-project basis.
Required Skills and Interests:
- Passion: You’re extremely interested and excited to learn more about the world of PR and marketing for games, tech, and start-ups.
- Knowledge and Curiosity: You’re super knowledgeable about the world of games. You read about them, play them, and are consistently learning. You know what looks cool, what journalist is covering what, and have the perfect idea for how to make a game or start-up into a narrative story.
- Out-Of-The-Box Thinker: You’re not afraid to try new things and suggest new ideas.
- Effective Communicator: You love writing and understand the evolving social media landscape. You know how to get people talking. You love connecting founders and developers with others who might be interested in their story.
- Persistence: You’re not willing to take no for an answer. You’re willing to work hard, even under tough circumstances.
- Self-Sufficient: You love working independently or with a small team. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty and ensure things get done on deadline.
- Flexibility: You’re willing to adjust the course depending on what’s working and what’s not and not get discouraged. You also have a flexible schedule and can handle last minute requests.
- Forward-Thinking: You know the next trend before it’s trendy and can identify how the industry is evolving.
- Research of appropriate media outlets and targets depending on the project at-hand
- Creating media lists and press kits
- Act as a key media relations liaison working to indentify the appropriate target media outlets, journalists, and streamers
- Media relations outreach and follow-up with strategic timing
- Strategic brainstorming and consulting on client’s needs
- Convention logistics and coordination
- General administrative duties
Past internship or work experience in the games, tech, start-up industries and basic PR knowledge a big plus.
Please send an email with some background on yourself, and a resume to Dana@SpokeAndWheelStrategy.com